We take complaints very seriously and try to ensure that all patients are pleased with their visit to the practice. If a patient complains, they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible.
Our aim is to react to a complaint in the way in which we would want our complaints about a service to be handled. We learn from mistakes that we may make and we respond to patient’s concerns in a caring and sensitive way.
- The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service we provide, in the first instance, is PAUL BROWN the Practice Manager.
- If a patient complains on the telephone or at the reception desk, we listen to his/her complaint and offer to refer him or her to PAUL BROWN immediately. If PAUL BROWN is unavailable, then the patient will be told when he/she will be able to speak to the Reception Manager and arrangements will be made for this. The member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on.
- If the patient complains in writing the letter will be passed immediately to Paul Brown the Practice Manager.
- If the complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred directly to the dentist in question.
- We aim to acknowledge a patient’s complaint within 2 working days. We will seek to investigate the cause of the complaint within 10 working days of receiving the complaint to give an explanation of the circumstances which led to the complaint. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within 10 working days we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
- We will confirm the decision regarding the complaint in writing immediately after completing our investigation.
- Appropriate and correct records will be kept of any complaint received.
- If a patient is not satisfied with the result regarding NHS treatment that he or she receives then a complaint may be made to:
NHS England Complaints,
Midlands & East, Swift House,
Hedgerows Business Park,
Colchester Road, Essex, CM2 5PF
Tel: 0113 8249 001
- If a patient is not satisfied with the result regarding Private treatment that he or she receives then a complaint may be made to:
The General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London. W1M 8DQ
Tel: 020 7167 6000
Framlingham Dental Practice
26-28 Bridge Street
Suffolk IP13 9AH